For the last ten years various charitable and social organisations have booked the Society's full Evening of Magic to help raise money. Many thousands of pounds have been raised on each event and at least one charity has been able to double its income by way of Lottery matched funding.
The Evening of Magic normally consists of one hour of magicians performing close-up magic at the tables of your guests. For many this is the most magical part of the evening, with magic being performed in the most intimate and demanding of conditions.
This session is usually followed by a break of up to one hour when you provide your guests (and the magicians!) with a meal.
The evening closes with a star studded cabaret or stage show with magic of various styles being performed for your enjoyment. Throughout the evening our compere is available for your use with announcements, raffle draw etc.
What you do:
- Find and book a venue, which normally will seat 100 to 200 at dinner tables and ideally will have a stage and full kitchen facilities.
- Prepare a budget to include hall hire, food provision, raffle prizes and the Society's fee and then calculate the ticket price based on estimated sales. Our experience has been that this is such an unusual event that tickets are sold out with a waiting list being maintained.
- Provide the audience!
What we do:
- Assist with planning and meet with you at the venue prior to the event to give guidance on seating layout etc.
- Provide all entertainers, including close-up magicians, cabaret artists and the compere.
- We also provide printed programmes especially personalised for your event.
- We can also provide our own lighting and sound system if required.
Our client list includes Rotary Clubs, Women's Institutes, Save The Children Fund, Golf Clubs, R.N.L.I and Inner Wheels. Many have made repeat bookings or recommended us to other branches.
Here are just some of the thank-you letters we have received:
Thank you all for a really superb performance. Everyone was very impressed and had a jolly evening.
You and your friends entertained us so brilliantly. Thank you for giving us all such a good time.
The presentation by you and your magical colleagues was a delight and enjoyed by a large and appreciative audience.
Our guests were thrilled with the evening which was something totally different. Thank you for a superb evening.
Your magicians helped to make this a special evening and it was great to see everyone laughing and having a good time.
It was a treat to have entertainment which was so different and so professional. It was a splendid evening and a great success.